|1987.0487.320||Texas Instruments Collection||Object|
|Integrated Circuit - 1958
TI number: G00012
This is one of the three first monolithic integrated circuits built in the laboratory by Jack S. Kilby in 1958. The circuit is a phase shift oscillator.
To verify the feasibility of his idea, Kilby designed and fabricated in the laboratory three types of circuits: a flip flop, a multi vibrator and a phase shift oscillator. These were the basis of Kilby's patent, No. 3,138,743. This is the only circuit remaining in the hands of TI. One circuit was donated to the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, and the other was lost.
Related material in collection: PG00032-35.
|Texas Instruments (Willis Adcock, Jack Kilby.)